Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I am curious about the "mystical" MC2100 carb. I am currently running a 1 bbl carter (which runs good if you set it a tad rich), and I had a neighbor give me some of his junk...to include a MC2100 with the 1.08 bore.

So I have the RIGHT carb, now I have the wrong manifold. I dont want to go digging for a new pre 80's manifold for my 77 therefore I am asking if I can make a carb adapter without infringing on any of the air/fuel magic.

I figure a chunk of aluminum and an hour or two on the bridgeport voila' carb adapter plate (motorcraft 2bbl to carter 1bbl!)

Someone let me know if this is a bad idea. I know that I can probably make it work, but I would like for it to work GOOD.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Id take the monster guy up on his offer.

if it werent avaiolable id make it out of aluminum, or even better HARDWOOD.

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I agree with ozarkjeep, get the manifold or if you cant than go with hardwood (it doesn't transfer heat as much as metal) Good Luck:

Rodney C

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Yes, there is science involved. Got access to a flowbench? No? Well, then all you can do is take your best guess. Make the transitions between the carb and manifold as gentle as possible. Avoid sharp edges in the airstream. Get everything smoothed out as best you can.

Probably the difference between best-possible flowbench developed, and "looks 'bout right" is too small to make a measurable difference. Certainly too small for seat of the pants testing to detect.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts