Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Detroit Truetrack limited slip? It looks pretty bomb-proof. It will be going into a daily driver that sees a good bit of rain, and also the icy and occasionally snowy D.C. winters (a full locker is out for this reason--no, I don't want the ARB). From what I gather, it operates like the Hummer's LSD system. Is installation a P.I.T.A.? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they are a good l/s. installs the same as a regular detroit. you are swapping carriers. not too bad but you will need new bearings and a press.

dan
best wishes this turkey day.
why is there no mazda thread?
I feel left out.:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are swapping carriers, don't forget you will also need to set the pinion to ring gear backlash, for that you will need a dial indicator and a magnetic stand. Pretty easy to do if you take your time, I just did one in a Model 20 installing a Detroit Locker. But, if you don't have a dial indicator and stand, you can have it done for about the same as it will cost you for quality tools.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info--sounds like a job for the pros and a good time to change out my gears while it is taken apart. I'm not quite confident enough in my skills to work on diff gears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.