Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Ozark is right about that, and the awful truth is that people would rather close their eyes and enjoy themselves instead of opening their eyes and helping to PRESERVE the very thing that they are doing. Last summer I got a LOT of flak in my church because there was a Promise Keepers rally here in Stockton CA with 30,000 Christian men proclaiming: "As for me n' my house, we'll serve t' Lord!" I said: "Uh, that's nice fellas, but shouldn't all 30,000 of you have been 30 miles north in the state capital getting in the faces of the democrap legislators who AT THAT VERY TIME were putting in place the ENTIRE homosexual agenda?" Oh man you should have heard the criticism I got. My point was that while hugging and crying has it's place, there comes a time when you have to look another man straight in the eye and say: "If you do that, I will come back here and HURT you!".....and say it like you mean it. It is not always EASY to perserve freedoms! Sometimes it's downright annoying. Just ask the guys who fought in the Battle of the Bulge./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
5,526 Posts
No, off topic posting isn't a bad thing as long as someone will find it useful (I would absolutely have to say that helping to ensure that everyone is kept up to date on various things, such as gun control, land use and land closures is useful.) You have seen how very few of the people (maybe a dozen at the very most out of over 7000 signed up for the BBS total) actively participate in land use discussions. That should tell you something. While people may want to bury their heads in the sand about these issues, if that happens, Jeep tech can be forgotten, you'll have to take out your axles up front, so you won't be able to use 4 wheel drive, among other things, all because no one wanted to take responsibility to help keep the land open. If you'd still like to bury your head in the sand knowing that if you do, Jeeps will quickly become illegal, go right ahead, that is your right also. However the more people that do that the less of us there are that know about the issues and the less of us that can actively stand up and try and change things for us for the better.

Also, the vast majority of off topic posts are labeled just that. Off topic. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Just my $.(2/100)

Tim
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.