Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had small stress crack right behind my rain gutters right by the weld at the roof for a long time...the entire five years I have owned it. Just yesterday when I was wheelin' I heard metal popping sounds real bad. Upon inspection I found my whole quarter panel (between the door and canopy) to be warping and folding. I do a lot of extreme hill climbs and I think they have caught up with me. I was thinking about putting my Toyota body on the truck frame, but could it handle the kind of twisting I put it through when the Ford body couln't??? Also, a second opinion please...is my body fixable (definition:able to be repaired at minimal cost)? I'll take pics tomorrow and attach them so ya'all can see what I am up against. I have been searching this area for a parts bronco for about six months and I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing...everyone either trashes them entirely till there is nothing left or they keep up on the repairs...there just aren't that many junk ones to be found! And the ones that one man would call junk are being driven daily by someone else who loves their truck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, we'd need to see what you're up against. Who says anything needs to be fixed right now?

The Toy body could take the abuse if properly mounted. One neat idea is to run valve springs on the body mounts so the frame twist is much more isolated from the body........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting idea there. Would it cause my ride to be more boucy or would it still ride like normal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that s#cks i think someone has a shell for sale, do a search. on the flatbeds at work i weld matching angle brackets on the plateform and bolt them on the frame. a shop in trenton has a heavy coil springs that you use with a bolt, works great and gives the body some movement. I first saw them on a mack trash truck, with a heil? body.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have the same stretch marks and then some. I am going to just bang them in and fill them with JB weld. I still have one strait body pannel! lol. I'm having fun though. NORM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts