Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do you see alot of \"censored\"?

Very strange.

G

·
Re: Is it just me or do you see alot of \"censored\"?

What is up with the censored stuff??? I haven't ever seen it before now!!! What's up?????????????????

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It was apparently a glitch.........for those of you who just tuned in ........some posts had EACH word bracketed by the word[censored]which[censored]made[censored]them[censored]hard[censored]to[censored]read[censored]
......it got fixed fast enough.
GeeAea

G

·

well ****ing son of a bitch ****ing piece of [censored] in the ****ing [censored] mother ****er!

G

·

That's nice to know that those are the ONLY words that get censored.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well dano, you've seemed to have come up with a fail safe diagnostic for the system (and with such grace and ease)........which appears to be disabled at the moment.

GeeAea

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif I'm shocked.....thought for a minute this was the old Hummmer board which I came across one day....THAT was rank! Really bad. /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif I all for censoring...if it will keep this BBS from becoming another Hummer BBS./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·

About a week ago I tried to put "www.[censored].com" in a post and it censored the URL. But of course I, in my infinite wisdom, figured out the "space each letter" tecnique.

G

·

I agree with CJ Dave, I'll take the censorship over the colorful language issue. I think we can get our point across without deterioration. Mind you sometimes it can provide humour.
While watching a movie on a local Toronto channel, I think it might have been an Eddie Murphy movie a word in the dialogue was "motherf***er, they edited mother out of the dialogue but left it as (blank)f***er. Go figure.

Cutch 88YJ

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

I agree that foul language should not be part of this BBS and I applaud the owners for enforcing that. BTW, what they are doing is NOT censorship. Censorship is a government deciding what can be said (or not said). What this is is the owner exercising their property rights, something I must defend as a citizen of this Great Nation of ours.

Best Regards,
Jim Young
xjy173

1 - 13 of 13 Posts