Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about the fiberglass bodies? I read the previous post aobut glass vs. kevlar and it made it sound like fiberglass was pretty troublesome. Although, I have a few buddies that swear by 'glass what does everyone else think about. Like installation and durability... I was planning going 'glass on my 7 and was thinking about Four Wheel Drive hardware or maybe JC Whitney based on the price of theres. Also I was considering AJ's but they are a little to pricey for me being I'm trying to get though college! K Thanks in Advance.
Jake

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Buying an AJ's tub will save you big $$$ in the long run...their bodies win hands down in my mind. I have seen JC whitneys and I think they are still nmade by shell valley (stay away from these guys). As for Four Wheel drives....not bad, but if you run a hard top and doors, the double "sandwhich" design is noyt too desirable. AJ's makes the best tub I found in the East/....and its only $200 more....thats not even more....and you get twice the product. When you look at a 'glass tub.....yank on the sides where the door striker catches and see how far it moves, because your door will do that 10,000 more times in its life and you don't want your body to end up having stress crackes or fractures or you paint chipping from body movement. I am also in college and did my homework before choosing my AJ's body.

I'm not afraid of dying...I'm scared of not living

chevy-Cj-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about staying away from Shell Valley. I haven't heard anything good about their tubs yet. I prefer 4WD over AJ's myself. I have 4WD, and a buddy in my club has AJ's. The fit and finish was better on mine. His was too narrow, so he had to trim his dash, and the windshield frame extends beyond the body a little bit, with space between the hinges and the side of the body. Also, he had problems with his brake pedals. There are things I think are better about AJ's, and maybe he just got one bad tub. I don't think you can go wrong with either AJ's or 4WD Hardware.

Phil Baird 83 CJ7
home.off-road.com/~pbaird
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.