Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my nissan pathfinder has about 171000 miles on it and it is starting to sound sick. I am going to have a bunch of internal parts replaced so it will still be running in the future. I want to replace the crankshaft, cams, pistons and rods, and heads. I am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for which brand I should buy. I am looking for high performance parts that will increase my horsepower and torque for offroading. If anybody that knows about great parts for the pathfinder please reply to this post.

Thanks
RuedPath

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
once you price out all new internal parts you will probably be surprised at how much it will alll cost. You mioght be better off to have the crank and rods refinished and look into higher compression pistons. Some minor head work and a good set of cams combined with headers will probably give you a performance boost that will make you happy. Check it out, I don`t think that you can even get a different crank that will make anymore power than stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know where you can find performance cams for the 3.0L engine? I would be interested in finding a set for myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts