Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, just the other night I went and turned my lights on and everydash light was out, you know the ones that come on when the lights are on. I checked all of the fuses but they were all fine and none of them even said interior light or anything like that. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try? thanks a lot Mike

Jeeps are Built not Bought

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts
You don't give any indication what kind of jeep you have, but if it's a cj, the dash lights and tail lights are on the same fuse. I was driving home one night with the wife and one kid and the dash lights were out. I didn't think anything of it since I could see the speed well enough to get home. One guy yelled at me that I didn't have any tail lights about half way home and about half mile farther, the police told me I had no tail lights. I found my short (trailer light connector had a bare wire rubbing the frame), replaced the fuse and had all the lights back again.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

·
Registered
961 Posts
If you have a jeep with a hard top and it has the wiring in the back for an interior light on the back of the top, check that. It is all hooked together with your taillights. Look for any breaks in the wiring's insulation that might be touching your tub. Had the same problem and this was the culprit.
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

http://www.geocities.com/yjlaredo240/index.htmDana 30 Vaccuum disconnect courtesy of Jim

G

·
Had the same problem with my 87 Wrangler when I bought it. The driving lights on the front (not headlights) were full of water. Took them out, same problem. cut the connectors off and taped up the wires individually, and the dash lights started working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.