Nothing is more frustrating to me than the feeling that every time I
fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill
me, my family, and my friends. It turns out that some oil companies
import a lot of middle eastern oil and others do not import any. I thought it
might be interesting for Americans to know which oil companies are the
best to buy their gas from.

Here is the list:

Top 5 companies that import middle eastern oil (By the way, 86% of all
middle eastern oil comes from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.)

Shell 205,742,000 barrels of oil Chevron / Texaco 144,332,000 Exxon /
Mobil 130,082,000 Marathon 117,740,000 BP / Amoco 62,231,000

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to about $18
billion. That's a lot of money.

Here are some large companies that do not import much middle eastern
oil:

Citgo 0 barrels of oil _Sunoco 0 _Conoco 0 _Sinclair 0 _Phillips 0

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and
can be easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required to
state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on
a monthly basis.

Keep this list in your car and share it with friends.

Stop Financing Terrorists !!!

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://home.off-road.com/~rockgarden

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
At about 12:15pm CDT on 9-11 I wrote:
In reply to:

As outradged as I am about this attack on American soil... on thing keeps lurking in the back of my mind, and that is:

I helped Pay for it!

We've made these countries who hate America rich by paying highway robbery for the fuel we use. This money has been siphoned off to groups that hate America even more than the countries, and all we stand for.

Damn I hate that feeling.

I join the President in praying for all those touched by todays evil doings.
But since I buy my gas at Conoco (.3% of the total of foreign imports, mostly SA) I can now rest easy that I did not help finace the Sept 11 attacks. That's been really eating at me. But I'd still like to see as much elimination of foreign oil imports as possible and drilling in the Lower '48 and Alaska. We really need a sure home based energy resource to help ensure our domestic security.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Brad

Thats good info. Something to remember the next time we all fill up . Keep up the great work you do !!

Jeff /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
What about Cennex/Land O'Lake's and or Farmland. How much oil do they import? COOP's are a pretty big fuel supplier out here in the mid-west. In fact, only two of those gas stations you mentioned are located within 100 miles of here.

My girlfriend said if I spent one more dime on my Jeep she would leave. Man I'm going to miss her!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two gas stations I go to here in Aztec are a Conoco and a Texaco. They are right across the street from one another, just depends on which direction I'm traveling, and not wanting to bother crossing traffic. I guess I'll be crossing traffic going west now, I'll stick with the Conoco!

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://home.off-road.com/~rockgarden

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Don't suppose you have any info on canadian gas?

A while ago I switched gas stations (only 2 around here) and gave up on my BCAA (British Columbia Automobile Association, provides tow trucks and whatnot for free with an up-held membership). Anyway they had an air-miles thing going where the more gas you buy from "Husky Oil Products" the more discount you get on the BCAA membership.

I gave up collecting this because one day they were rude and bitchy to me about absolutely nothing. (I wanted them to fill a propane tank and the guy didn't want to get his lard ass out of a chair and fill it for me.)
So I switched to Petro-Canada. I'd happily switch back and give them another chance if it meant I wasn't funding Ak's and RPG's for the Middle East Malitia.

Anyone know where I'd find this info?

·
Registered
840 Posts
the only problem i can see with drilling in the usa is the fact that it would cost more per barrell than to buy from the bad guys in america this virus called labor unions have just about killed the country on the costs of too many products that is why a car with about 5,000 dollars worth of materials costs 25,000 to buy too many unions with too many lobbyists and too much power

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Unfortunately buying our fuel from the companies that don't buy from the middle east won't cnahge anything. If their sales increase they will have to buy more domestic, north sea, South American and Russian oil. Then those sources will be diminished and the buyers of dle east oil will have to buy more. Even if the US as a whole bought less middle east oil, the rest of the world would have to buy more. End result; same-same.

The only real help is more production in the rest of the world, or less usage.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Kinda OT on this thread, but for Alaskan BBS members: gas sold in Alaska is produced here (either North Slope or Kenai Peninsula oil), usually by either Tesoro or Williams. Both sell to anybody. Whose gas just depends on what additives they put in it: techron for chevron and so on.

I know it doesn't fit in with the rest of the posts on this thread, but it might help the one or two other alaskans on this board!

It's all a state of mind, and if you don't mention the state of my mind, I'll be happy to overlook yours!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Re: Interesting fact about gas and stations

I have a buddy who's a city cop (plenty of time to sit around observing things like this!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif) and he's watched one gas truck hit all 4 stations at an intersection. When he asked each station why they were buying from their competitors, they said they always buy from whoever is selling it cheapest that day. So for all your efforts, you'll probably have NO effect on any refinery's sales, since you don't know whose gas you're buying, regardless of the sticker on the pump it's coming out of.

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts