Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to this site and im looking to buy a used ranger to drive as an every day car with ext cab, 5spd, 2wd, and just do little things like a spindle lift wheels and tires etc. now here is my question i used to have a 91 toyota pickup 4wd with a v6 and i couldnt stand it, it was such a turd it would make alot of noise but wouldnt move as far as getting up to speed so i guess its kinda made me leary of the whole mini truck group. so are rangers that way? and for that reason should i get the 4cyl the 3.0 or the 4.0? i would like it to be atleast a 98 or newer. thanks alot in advance for the help

· Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2001 Ranger XLT with the 4.0 V6 and auto trans. It's by no means a rocket, but it's not a turd either. Compared to way most other people you share the road with drive their vehicle, it gets up to speed quite well. I have no experience with the 3.0L motor. All in all, considering it's a truck, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.