Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not relevant but it is for a Jeep. Can an insurance company specify used parts for a crash repair? In this case a hard top and a door. I've not had the pleasure to deal with this before. Should I be looking into it a lot more? If anyone has experience with this please respond. The state is Pa. and it's a 98 Sahara. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
YES! They can specify after market parts or even used (they will call them refurbished) parts.
You want new OEM replacements. Different insurance companies have different policies.
Everyone out there, check what your insurance company's policy is.
PS, father in law is an insurance adjuster

Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp, 3" body, 33's, 283 Chevy V8, TH350, 4.11's, D30, D35c

·
Registered
370 Posts
I recently read an article about one of the big insurance companies being sued (and losing) for forcing people to have none OEM parts used on their cars. I can't remember which insurance company, try searching the web. You should not have to accept anything that is not as good as what you had.

jerry

·
Registered
617 Posts
State farm thought they were going to rebuild my front end with stock springs and stock tires. I had some explaining to do. I got my way and they paid for the 33 and the 4" springs after the crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.