Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their TB injectors ultrasonically cleaned? I've seen these companies that advertise it and I'm wondering if it is worth it on a high mileage engine? Some say every 50-60k, I haven't done it in 235k.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Check how much the ultrasonic cleaners cost. Then price how much brand new never been used injectors cost. If the new injectors cost less just go that way... That way you're both protected from potential gimmicks but also assured that yes they are new... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Just my humble opinion though... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you guys happen to know/heard anything about those emissions and fuel injection purges they do at places like Jiffy Lube.
i saw em doing it to a vehicle today and was wandering if it was very effective.
from what i saw they had a hose hooked up the the vacuum tube that ran off the Brake powerbooster.
and also, from what i saw coming out the vehicle's tailpipe, it looked like it was doing some decarbonizing.

eveybody else is changing their signature so ill do the same. that "everything's bigger in TEXAS!" sig., i got that off a fard commercial. laugh at that. HAH.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
My buddy just had the injectors from his 4 cylinder Toyota cleaned at NAPA. Cost wasn't bad and they flow matched and cleaned them. I forget the actual cost and process, but he is very pleased with it. Says it has more power than when he got it. Something to check in to.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 3" Flowmaster 40 DF, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.