Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a long block replacement for my 4.0L eng. It is installed in my 91 Jeep wrangler. I was wanting to replace the fuel injectors till I got the price from Jeep. I have had several folks tell me that that cleaning them will do just as well. True or false? It seems to me that I should go on and replace them. Jeep wants about $90.00 each, Advance Auto says they want $60.00 each. Any other options? Would cleaning them be as good? I am also wanting to replace several other components like Power Steering pump and Alternator and Radiator. Anybody got any suggestions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why are you changing them? The '91 4.0l injectors are very reliable. I've worked at a Jeep dealer for almost 10 years and have never changed fuel injectors on '91 and up 4.0s. (The '87-'90s are a different matter, the CA gas eats their internal seals and causes leaks) If you just want to ensure your rebuild job, replace the o-rings. Unless the injectors are leaking,
have been damaged or you have been running without a filter, I wouldn't see the need to replace them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.