Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of trouble shooting the fuel drain back in my 82 cj Weber eqpt. 258
I'm looking at the fuel vent system and decided to poll ya'll in an effort to make my life a little easier so I want to know is
1)which Weber do you have 32/36 or 38 ?
2)Do you have the fuel return line hooked up ?
3)When you remove the fuel cap is there a "woosh" sound ?
4)Does it take several minutes of cranking for the eng to fire after sitting overnight ?
5)Do you have the evap. canister hooked up ?

RPM/cj7

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
1)which Weber do you have 32/36 or 38 ?

I have the 32/36 on my 88 YJ w/258.

2)Do you have the fuel return line hooked up ?

I did, but I do not now.

3)When you remove the fuel cap is there a "woosh" sound ?

No. Don't really think I did before I took the return line out, at least I don't recall.

4)Does it take several minutes of cranking for the eng to fire after sitting overnight ?

Used to, but not anymore.

5)Do you have the evap. canister hooked up ?

Yes, I don't think this has anything to do with it. I have removed the return line, and I have just the one line coming from the fuel pump, with a nice clear fuel filter to see the condition of the fuel and filter, and I removed the return line and plugged it. I have no problem starting the jeep in the morning, even after a day or 2. One kick to close the choke, and she's running with the first revolution of the motor. IMHO, this IS the solution to the drainback, at least it is for me. I have not had any problems with vapor lock, and if I do I will insulate the line from the pump to the carb. Hasn't been a problem yet, and it's still pretty warm here in MA.

Good luck,
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 32/36 Weber, been running it for a little over 2 yrs. Yes, I have the fuel return line hooked up, no whooshing sound when I
oprn the cap, it starts are 3 or 4 pumps and a couple seconds of cranking, and I have the evap. can hooked up. Also have a fuel
pressure regulator in line.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
630 Posts
32/36
Fuel return line hooked up.
No Whoosh that I know of.
Have to crank for about a minute after sitting 2 or more days.
Charcoal can is hooked up.
I'm going to try plugging off the return line when I get time.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.