Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install 400 watts of lights on my 95 Wrangler 4.0 (works out to about 28 amps?) and think I'll need something more than the stock alternator. Is there a relatively easy bolt in I can pick up from some other vehicle at a junk yard so I don't have to spend lots of $$$ for a new aftermarket alternator?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey, get your alt recoiled. i had a honda 65 amp coiled to a 125. i was only 40bucks. i had a 600 watt sound system.

-=C/MAN=-/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most late YJ alts are 75 or 90 amps which should be ok. If not, any late Jeep or Dodge alt will fit if you swap the pulley and the plastic wire shield on the back of the alt. Most Dodges have 120 amp alts if they have the tow package, and the 5.9L Limited ZJs have 136 amp alts. All will fit the bracket where the stock alt is and work with the computer system. You may be able the get one a a bone yard cheap, but they are expensive new. Wrangler power products sells high amp alts also, but they're not cheap either.
Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.