Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Reviewing a post about the 4wd light on the yj i set out to figure what is wrong with mine. This 90 YJ has been in this household ever since there was 15,000 miles on her. Now she is nearing 96,000. I was reading in My Chiltons that there is an emmsions light that comes on at 80,000. Cant say that it has ever came on. My 4wd Light does not work, the emissions light does not work, and i found a shift light that has nver worked. How would you suggest going about to fix these problems? (the bulbs are new)

Sorry, my YJ is a 90, not an 87.

G

·
i'd start by checking the fuses then the wire connections.

Jon
'95 YJ - 32x11.50 - 4 banger!
Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler!

G

·
Check dash ground.

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274

G

·
your emmissions light did the same thing as mine. It just didnt come on when it was supposed to. I actually had mine come on while on a wheeling trip @ like 105k on the odomerter. Actually only about 20k on the motor. Scared the hell out of me when that orange light came on and I didnt know what it was. If you look at your chiltons it shows you where it it. The dealer wanted like 100 bucks for a new one Chiltons says it doesnt control anything. so I just unplugged it, light went out. As for the 4wd is it engading. if it is i would say fuse of bulb. If not get the diagram for the vacume and trace down all the lines. make sure all your connections are good

Travis
Lots of goodies!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since we are snowed in "not really" i will take a gander at my fuse box. If i had a bad Dash ground, wouldn't my blinkers, brights, etc not show up either? All the emissions light does is warn you it is time to work on the emissions equitment, and it is Unlawful to drive with it on. Who cares?

Sorry, my YJ is a 90, not an 87.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.