Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Don't tell me Lady Bird is still on that campaign or did the little birds take over for her?

I remembered running across this one on ebay, says it's from a '73 240Z The guy has no feedback and
says it's "as is", no warranty so you may be buying junk. Current price is only $9.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=206199465

· Registered
2,618 Posts
I was looking at my friends 81 ford fairmont. The AC compressor was huge. Is this a york?? It is from a I-6 and he is going to get rid of it. I have a buick 225 v6, how do you convert this unit?? I do not know much about this compressor.
Thanks for any help.
Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 " Caloosa Jeeper" Member

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can settle for OEM compressor ( Senden), compressor mounting bracket, compressor idler mounting bracket, idler pulley, idler adjusting bracket,and the alternator mounting bracket drop me a line . I believe this is all you'll need for the 258 six. I'm asking $125 plus S/H. Thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The easiest vehcles to get the York and necessary brackets is off an AMC car, not a Jeep. They are identical to the Jeep components, except easier to find. In addition to the compressor, idler, and alt brackets, make sure you get the bolt-on portion of the crank pulley, it is a larger diameter and will improve air output and alt performance at idle( This is also a cheap easy upgrade just to improve alt output without the York). If you dont mind driving to Dallas, there are several yards here with old AMCs.

· Registered
1,929 Posts
I am in Austin and I can tell you where to find at least 2 Yorks. I have 2 at my house and have seen two others at local junkyards. Send me an e-mail with your phone number and I will call you with the info. I just did this setup about 2 months ago, so let me know if you need any help.

TOM85CJ7

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.5" lift, 32"BFG MT, Durabak On-Board Air

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.