Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of 3\" lifted 56\" rear Springs. Help

I have been searching the net for a while with no luck. Does anyone know of a company that makes 3" lifted 56" rear springs. I have tried Tuff Country, BDS, 4WPW, Skyjakcer, Superlift, Pro-Comp, ORD, and others that I can't think of right now. I am trying to lift the rear of my 99 Suburban 7". I have a 4" shackle flip so I was going to use 3" springs. If I can't find the 3" springs then I guess I will have to go with the 2" springs. If I go with the 2" then I will need to get the other 1" somewhere. AJMBlazer had mentioned something about ORD having a 1" add-a-leaf. Just thought that I would ask the board for all possibilities.

Thanks, Ryan

ps Is it just me or is Ryan a popular name on this board?

· Registered
6,042 Posts
Re: In need of 3\" lifted 56\" rear Springs. Help

just go ahead and het the 1" 0-rate thingy from ORD. its less than $40 to your door, and all you'll need is new U-bolts. a new center pin comes with the add-a-leaf

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

· Registered
1,469 Posts

OR....you could just do what I just did to my Truck Puller to get the lift out of the stock springs(my springs are nothing like stock though but they are stock height). What I did was fab up my own spring hangers that gave me 2 more inches over stock height AND I also made them adjustable so I can get anywhere from the old stock height to 8" of total lift. And they are 100 Times stonger than the stock ones. I will have a new update about the puller next week so you can see all the pics them.

Good luck...Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com

G

·

Cool weres the pics of the mount???? Oh, the suspense. Option 21 is to go to the junk yard and bust open a pack from some poor truck and make another leaf in the pack. I have 4 sets of F-350 packs and 2 set of front F350 packs with about 6 add a leafs. rich kids lift there trucks at the local shop and dont ask for the old stuff back. Try your local shops. Mine were free but I had to take all of them or none.

· Registered
6,465 Posts

SMITH on here, haven't seen him in a while, has a 92 Blazer Sport identical to mine, and he lifted his similar to mine. He used a 2-3" Rough Country lift and has some 285/75R16 Yokohama M/T's on the stock rims./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I have the Rancho lift and some plain jane AT's./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Anyways, he got like 2" of his lift with some 2500 rear springs. They are the same length as the 1/2 ton springs, only taller because of their heavier weight rating. I think those would be cheaper than the 2" Skyjacker springs.

Either way you go, 2" springs with the 1" ORD 0 rate add a leaves would be 3" of lift.

I wouldn't go with the longer shackles because they change your pinion angle. The 4" shackle flips change the angle enough as it is, usually enough that you don't need to use shims. Add the longer shackles to them, and you could have to much angle.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.