Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 74 CJ5 with stock heater does okay at heating the cab, but just doesn't put enough hot air on the windshield to keep it defogged and ice free on nastier winter days. Anybody have a solution for this problem??

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Yeah.....LEVE has a web page on this. Post to him or e-mail direct and he will shoot you a print. It involves some real tricky mod with a can of insulation spray....very clever. Just go down to his heater post and click on LEVE and leave him a message. LEVE has all the heater mods in his pocket. Believe me, where he lives, you NEED them! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His trick was to take out one of the screws on each side on the outside of the windshield and spray a bit of expanding foam into the screw hole. just not too much or it will gum up your wipers and you'll have to clean it up

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Marky!! You made it back from the boondocks! That old GM HEI got you home! The feds will never catch you, now that you have the new DUI HEI upgrade./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Keep your powder dry and your Jeep full of gas./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I had a crappy jeep week got home from work with only 1/4 of a tank of gas (at 3AM) and it went from 72 to 30 and I must have got some condensation in the tank cause it ran really crappy all week, to bad HEI can't help me with that. CJdave you book rules, it has the smog setups that I couldn't find before. But just don't spray too much foam in there 2 or 3 seconds max(trust me on that)

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.