Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to the BBS Changes forum and give your opinion, Pat is thinking of switching to the software Lance is using on POR. I like it, give Pat your input NOW! /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://home.off-road.com/~rockgarden

·
Registered
7,409 Posts

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I need to add that (for 1) we will not have the pop-ups and (2) he can make the BBS any colors he wants to.(or keep them the same as what we have now) So don't worry about those two things. Just look at the speed and features.

[email protected]
http://www.shortwheelbase.com/~dirtdog

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm relatively new to the ORC bbs, but I like the look and speed of the POR board. Anything that improves loading speed would be welcomed.

TEXAS1AL

84 CJ-7; 258 I6; Restored-to-Stock Condition

·
Registered
585 Posts
Seem like this board has been running much better the last few days. Did cleaning out the privates (messages of course) help? The POR is ok but those banners make it just about as annoying as can be. I do not like their layout either. I really like the layout here. I like that messages go to top, only 10 or so per page, privates and who's online. Really all in all, my only complaint with the bbs is the speed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cannot complain about this board at all since I dont contribute any systems support and it doesn't cost me money it is just free for me to use whenever I feel. just because I can click on a post go downstairs get a drink, scratch and then sit down to the post opening up. HA/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif HA/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif HA/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

http://www.bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
V- boards work very nice . I help run a game server and we use a V - board. Just my 2 cents.... upnover

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
You know Brad I feel for you. You have got to be in the worse position. Everybody bitchs that I have no place to wheel but won't miss wheel of fortune to do something about it. Many of your pleas for help threads go close to unanswered or with a comment or two. Now ..........how long has everybody been bitching that the BBS is slower than crap and so on. And since you are the closest thing we have to the ORC uppers everybody went running to you. (help, help, can you talk to them, etc.) How long does it take to look at POR and then reply? It also tickles me that if the people on here had read the second link they would know that the software they keep recommending won't handle the traffic here. Oh well.........keep trying Brad. Never say die./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

[email protected]
http://www.shortwheelbase.com/~dirtdog

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I was just at thier website and you can set it up to reply to each message in the thread and they have a lot of different ways you can make it look . In the example section , I liked the way the HARDCORE board was set up . Combine that with the feature activated in the HOCKEY board enabling us to reply to individual posts within a thread and I would say go for it . I didnt realize it was that versatile . So I change my NAY to a YA . LetZ do it ! As long as we can keep the equivalent of our "handles" . Took me long enough to get to "Veteran" /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif.

Jeff /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't get it. I guess i can't complain too much since it's free, but Why are they even asking for opinions? Everytime something comes up, like the for sale boards for example, Pat comes back and says "absolutely not". When someone suggests software, he immediately says it won't work.
I don't think anyone's even considered the idea that the server is just not fast enough for the load and new software won't fix it (kinda like trying to power a Jeep with a lawnmower engine)

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
You know, I still don't have a clue as to what you guys are talking about. The BBS has never slowed down for me, and it's never stalled. I go through Great Works Internet and am using IE 5.5 on a 233 with a standard dialup modem. Even when I was in Winter Harbor it wasn't a problem. POR and all the other boards load just as fast, which isn't bad, very little time lag. I usually open the new posts in a new window and by the time I have 3 or 4 opening, the first one is finished loading.

JEEPN
Waldoboro, Maine (yes, we're BACK!)
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Slamurai, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.