Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m outa here till 3/18 PM!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif This BBS is so entertaining that I hate to leave it. Let's see....I don't THINK I insulted anyone over the weekend??? It's so hard to remember.....so darn many liberals out there./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Oh well, there's always NEXT weekend./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif In order to while away the time in my motel after hours, I'm busy trying to design the perfect, extremely low-buck, Jeep transport trailer. Boy do I ever have a stack of rejected designs! I have settled on a few things though....two axles, and that new rubber-flex axle that cristo slee has on his trailer that was posted. It's called a Torflex axle. It has a lot of advantages over springs. Refer all inquiries to moonguy central/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
3,412 Posts
Re: I\'m outa here till 3/18 PM!

VAYA CON DIOS, AMIGO!!!

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts

What, you took so long building snojeep that now you're gonna have to trailer it somehwere to find snow?

G

·

Good Luck, maybe a tool box built in? OH YEAH, don't forget to build a HUGE beer cooler for the moonguys.
Have FUN

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·

CJ Dave -
In the fine print about the TorFlex axles, the manufacturer says NO to tandem axles. (Don't you just hate it when the bubble bursts.)
sln

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif That's wierd.....I have a drawing from Torflex that shows the tandem group and that's where I got my dimensions?? No tandems? The guy at the trailer shop is a Jeep guy who sells axles and groups frequently to race car guys to use. Hmmmm......????/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·

Sorry 'bout that!!!!!
I just re-looked it up and it says NO to MORE than two axles. BTW - have you looked on Dexters web site and gone to their design manual? Lots of good stuff there (including the correct statement about # of axles!). Again, sorry for the error.
sln

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif SL.....I have designed a really wierd....but really cheep trailer. It keeps changing, but I'm on the right track. I just keep trying to knock out more steel and more cost till I get it where it needs top be. Like Henry and the Model T....every piece of metal had to do at least three jobs./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I'm sure that the reason that only two axles are useable is that there is no way to make them articulate with a rocker arm in the middle.......well, no GOOD way anyhow. Anything's possible, but it would be too much machinery./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

· Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts

The mark of a truly good engineer, find something that will work and then try to improve on that.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I've always known that if you haven't sifted at least five different designs, you probably don't have the right one./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.