Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m Getting Rid of the BattleRam!

Sorry, guys, but this is the LAST STRAW. My 98 1500 Qcab 4x4 sportis getting the boot. I cant take its unreliability and HORRIBLE gas mileage any more. I've had enough. Forst it was the "unrepairable" rear slider leak. Then it was the "HORRIBLE BRAKE SQUEAL" post i made, and yeah, $400 later, i got rid of that. Then the Dana 44 tossed its U-joints. $500 later and i got it back. that was 2 weeks ago. Yesterday the AC comressor became displeased. Thats the final straw. 2 Major problems in one month? I bought this truck NEW. Its never been abused, never been neglected, never been modified, HELL, ITS NEVER EVEN GOTTEN DIRTY! And this is how it treats me after being less than 3 years old and only 55,000 babied highway miles? My maintenance has been impeccable and so frequent its rediculous. I'm ditching this boat anchor before that compressor totally takes a $hit. I've decided that this was my second and LAST new UNRELIABLE Dodge. I WONT buy another one. I've already made arrangements on custom ordering a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4. Dodge still has yet to figure out what a Crew Cab is...except for that ugly 02 ram thing that comes out soon...

I didnt mean to piss anyone off, i just needed to vent.

mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Re: I\'m Getting Rid of the BattleRam!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune dude, hope the chevy isn't to bad since they too have bugs according to the chevy board...At least the problems you had were small inconviences, brake squeal, leaking slider, front u-joints and possibly a/c, by the way, did you use 4-wheel alot to have the joints die? It seems weird that not getting it dirty ever with so many highway miles that they would die, then again grease does wear out with mileage and since they still spin from auto hubs.
Are you going diesel for better mileage? I think there gas motors get slighly better gas mileage but those independent front ends stink, just wish dodge wouldn't go that route or at least have it as an option for a solid axle...Good luck, Bobby.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

So you're going to buy another american made truck? Eh?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Ha,ha...japan! My boss, his brother-in-law and my neighbor all had toyota pickups and 2 blew there motors twice and they drive like grandmas and the other blew a motor and/or a tranny, the only ones I knew that owned them. Buy american to get the power to pull and oh-well if gas mileage has to suffer when you get more "fun per mile". I've never heard a toyota sound good with a set of flowmasters or anything else for that matter, its just the chevys, dodges and fords, the american muscle...:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I am glad we all have a good sense of humor (muddybronco, and superswamper)

I see no reason in getting into a debate. /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
6,842 Posts

ahhh, come on man. we had a 20 page thread on this awhile back and it was FUN! toyota sucks a big one! :)

ArkansasMud.com, proud home of the sticky brown mud
Muddybronco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sorry for not getting back on here quicker.........been busy working. /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

Y'all really take pride in your American made trucks.

LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I missed the 20 pager on this topic.

When was it. I will read it if I know where it is......thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

muddybronco
that was one heck of a thread! holy cow man i didn't know about that thread....i think i had exams that week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts