Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Believe me when I tell you, guys. I had my XJ stolen in 1996; luckily it was returned to us mostly intact. No "trick" is 100% effective. If they REALLY want your ride; they can get it. While all those ideas being shared are certainly helpful; the best thing is to catch the scumball(s) in the act and b.t.s. out of him /(them)!!!!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Best Regards and I hope it NEVER happens to any of you /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Good Luck,
Jim Young
xjy173

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
CJ7Taz,
Like I mentioned before, I was fortunate to get the Jeep back. Many owners are not as lucky as I. Sorry to emote like that; it is just that I cannot stand it: to see people's private property treated with so much disrespect.

Those people who took my Jeep were looking for something more than my little stock 2.8L would give them. They soon tired of it and parked it in Camden N.J. across the river from Phila. They were looking for a newer Cherokee with the 4.0L and lots of acceleration, I'd bet. Still they cleaned out all my cheap hand tools I keep in it for road side repairs, cassette tapes... little stuff like that. For some strange reason, they took the stock jack and handle, which I never used. They left the repair records I've kept since I bought it and the owners manual, though.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Most thieves wouldn't be stopped when finding the coil wire missing. They would simply use one of the plug wires and let the engine run on 5 or 7 cylinders to get the vehicle out of the area. Others would use a coat hanger for a temporary coil wire. Devious Devils /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.