Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the duraspark upgrade because the old prestolite kept shutting down at odd times,I thougt everything was goint to be solved.....yea right!when it comes to ignition,I must be cursed!Now the jeep starts,runs for about one minute,starts running rough and then the spark dies and so does the old 360.If I crank it right away,there is no spark.But if I wait 30 seconds it fires right back up,to run for a minute,run rough and die!SWEET MECIFUL [email protected]! whats wrong?Everything is new except for the module.I'm guessing thats the problem.So guys whats your opinion on this one?HELP!

Ben

G

·
it does sound like it could be the module. take it to a good parts house and have it tested. for the problem you are describing, have them test it three or four times in a row. it sounds like something in the module is getting hot and shutting down, so make sure the parts genius understands this so he will test it more than once (you do not want to do that with a hei module as you will over heat it and kill it with the tester, not a problem with a duraspark as it is its own heatsink). also check all connections twice, to ensure something is not loosening up.

also make sure that you are providing a full 12 volts to the module at all times. so if you have a resister inline, get rid of it, of you do not and you do not have 12 volts to the box at all times, reroute your power lead so it does.

dan
Good things come to those who do research!!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
It's the module or the connections.
The good part is, the module is one of the cheapest things to replace in the DuraSpark system!
I get lifetime warranty replacements here for $16....

Clean your connectors well, and use dielectric grease in the connections when you put it back together...

Good LUCK!
Aaron.

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.