Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a t case today, wanted to be sure it is a 300, Been a While since I seen one sitting on a shop floor.
Rear output is centered. Front is passangers side, there are numbers on it
Tag 300596-75
Case c18-15-24

Looks like a 300 but I wanted to be sure before looking into buying it and I could not find my breakdown drawings of the 300.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Where is the picture?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
20 has a short shifter, 300 has a longer shifter

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of my spare D300:

Note the aluminum parts.

Pretty sure that the T18 and T20 were all iron (my memory isn't that great).

And then you can just look here:

Click the picture for more.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, your memory is terrible. A T18 is a transmission and I don't know what a T20 is.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, your memory is terrible. A T18 is a transmission and I don't know what a T20 is.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spank.gif the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif

So sad and true T = D.... as in D18 and D20. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No spell checker in the world can help me there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif

So now that we are past all of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Isn't it true that everything on a Dana 18 (aka D18) and a Dana 20 (aka D20) transfercase was made from cast iron? That is to say there were no aluminum castings like on a D300?

And yes I'm asking because I just don't remember, Alzheimer's does take it's toll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can tell right off that the shifter is not even close, it is Iron and about 2 feet long with long rods going back to the case.
the input is obvously a open hole with a gear like what one would expect from a Dana 18, but this is not an 18. Id does have an aluminum tail shaft though,

I orignaly thought it, was a 20 but talked myself into thinking it was a 300 due to the aluminum.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well looking at how it bolts up to the tranny is a good indication. A D300 is nice and round and a D20 is shaped kinda like texas.

Unless it one of those D300 mounted on T-18 found on some Scouts. I think they had the Texas mounting pattern I don't know what the output housing was made out of on those t-cases.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
D20 from a J truck maybe?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The D300 was on 1980 Scouts only and has a Texas bolt pattern like the D20 and came behind the T19 and the Autos.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do know it was bolted to a T-18 because that was what he used and did not need the t case. I am going to get a pic of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts