Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to set the record straight about my post on Boyce Equipment. I did not intend to flame them or hurt their business, I spoke out of turn. I have deleted all the portions of the post I wrote. If anyone is curious about Boyce prices, I have a pricelist, and would be happy to scan it and email it to any who are interested. There is also a price list on their website http://www.boyceequipment.com

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dunno if you can answer this question or not, but what prompted the sudden change of heart? Boyce didn't "contact you" did they?

I Jeep, therefore I am.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it was from no prompting by boyce. I was simply out of line and should not have said the things I did.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kris (Jeepfiend) sent me an e-mail stating he deleted his post and asking me to delete my reply which I happily did. He's taking his lumps with style and grace and should be applauded for it. I was happy to hear from him and more happy to cooperate with him in any way possible. We all sometimes say things we wish we could retract. I know I've had my share of foot-in-mouth episodes that made me feel a fool. No need to feel a fool here Kris.
Nickmil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was always told that it takes a very big man to admit that you are wrong. i applaude you for doing so./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

89 YJ,TR upgrade 1" shackle lift, 31x10.50. 1" body lift coming soon.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I don't think you were wrong. Just "sticker shocked". I wish I had the balls to jump in and correct myself when I may have said something that wasn't proper. You did the right thing, wish I had that kind of after thought.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I only read your post in passing and didn't see anything wrong with it.You didn't say his buisness sucked or his service was lousy .You just commented rather strongly that his prices were out of this world...SO WHAT ? you didn't exaggerate the prices or make them up.If that is what he charges he has to live with it.
I wouldn't buy a bolt at a dealer for $ 10.00 If I could get it from a hardware store for $.50 ,I am just not that stupid,and I would rather someone tell me about it before I shell out 10 bucks.
How many times have people come on this board and complained about UPS,
4 wheel parts, JC Witney and others.As long as a buisness is giving me good service at a reasonasble price I will deal with them .
As far as overhead is concerned ,everyone I know has overhead the buisnesses I mentioned and so do I ,Mortgage,phone ,lights ,same as any buisness but I can't write any of mine off or depreciate any of my tools.
and If his employees get laid off it will most likley be because he charges too much rather than you saying he does ,Perhaps he is just a lousy buisness man.
you stated your opinion and the guy who disagreed with you ,stated his and I am sure everyone else has an opinion too.
No harm No foul as far as I am concerned.

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I'm a firm believer that the gauge of a man is not when he's right, but when he's wrong...

Class act dude!

So many cats, so few recipes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts