Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving free a........

A friend pull his 4.3 fuel injected v6 out of his firebird to install a carb v8

He gave it to me free. a 4.3 with the computer and hardness all pulley and belts. Guess what the cj2a will be getting for early xmas.

brownbagg

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: I was giving free a........

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Yep......that should keep you broke and occupied for a week or two./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·

Are you sure its a 4.3? I have never seen one in a Firebird.
Gibby

~Someone's got to keep the
bastards on their toes~
-HST

G

·

I gotta a carbed 350 highly modified that I will trade you straight across for/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·

Was the 4.3 swapped in? I don't recall the 4.3 ever being in the F-body. What year is it?
I could be wrong though. There is a first time for everything /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif LOL /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

I want to be a follower, but all the leaders seem to be lost.

G

·

I think it is a 3.4 ltr V6. GM never placed the 4.3 into any car in it's lineup.
Only trucks and vans got this block. No exceptions...sorry

·
Registered
189 Posts

I think the 3.4 would still be great in a jeep. They run pretty good.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

I do remember seeing a 4.3 in a late to mid 80's firebird. The guy I work with had one in his firebird that he just sold in October. It was the original engine as far as his father was concerned. That wasn't the fist time I saw one.
I almost bought one when I was 17 too, and it had a 4.3 FI.
Also, some Monte Carlos had it.
So it is very possible.
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The motor is difintely a 4.3, it has been laying on the garage floor for about a year. What it came out of, I really do not know now. the boy drives a 92 firebird which had a v6 in it last time I look and now he bragging about the carb v8. I was not there when he did it, I see him maybe once every couple years, and this weekend was garage cleanup day. But it is a 4.3, I been dreaming of one for years so I look at it real good looking at every detail.

brownbagg

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

That 4.3 could have been swapped into the Firebird. Who knows? It's very easy to tell a 4.3 from a 3.4 or a 2.8. The 3.4/2.8 are 60 degree V-6s where the 4.3 is a 90 deg./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·

Wizbang69, the 4.3 came in monte carlos (G body/ G special) and caprices
so it did come in some cars but in all the years I worked in the
wrecking yards I never heard of a 4.3(stock) in a F body only 2.5, 2.8,
3.1, 3.4, 3.8, and the V8s
Gibby

~Someone's got to keep the
bastards on their toes~
-HST

1 - 11 of 11 Posts