Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, FINALLY, I painted my tub!
If this new forum's image feature does not work, lets see if I can post a URL.
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/Graphics/TubPaint2.JPG
What a great day. I shot it Sunday morning and then in the afternoon headed down the street to Chokecherry Canyon to watch the finals of the ARCA Extreme Rock Crawling Series event. I could hear the roaring engines and whooping all morning while painting as the canyon is within eye shot of my house.
Imagine me leaving my fresh, new paint job to cure, then 15 minutes later witnessing the mass body panel destruction occuring there.
It looked like my CJ was not the only one that got shot this weekend.
There had to have been a record number of lay and roll overs at this event.
Many of the bright and shiny whole hog CJ crawlers had looked like they had been in an artillery battle! Especially tragic was the roll over of the beautiful Currie Enterpises CJ-7. Many drivers who escaped a roll or lay over are going home with major body damage - both sides! The sandstone boulders were especially hungry for front fender and door-to-wheel panels.
I went home shaking my head, thinking "Hell maybe I don't want that Dana 60 afterall!!!.... well, at least not for a little while ...
JAF

JAF

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks good! Could you stop by Michigan and shoot mine? I have the compressor and am working on getting a gun.........

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....

G

·
Use markup to post a URL. Do the following:

(url)web address W/O http://(/url)

Except you have to substitute "]" for ")" and "[" for "("

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The color is a metalflake DuPont # M-90.
It looks a little purple in the pic, but it is actually, and amazingly, almost exactly the color of the New Mexico sky.
Attached is a pic of my dash.
It really turned out well.

JAF

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I scared the heck out of me, but I got plenty of practice with 4 coats. Etch primer (1), prime and sand (2) and prime and seal (1).
The worst fear was that I was using my small DeVilbiss "touch up" gun from my aerobatic RC aircraft daze. The nice thing is, once you do it yourself - you can always fix it!

JAF

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: I shot-Nut, I\'ll loan you my Binks!

Don't let a lack of equipment hold you up, I have a nice Binks, hose, and regulator to loan you! Me, I hate painting, but I've got all the stuff to have SOMEONE ELSE do it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: I shot-Nut, I\'ll loan you my Binks!

Actually, my plan is to con my brother in law into painting it. Maybe next year............for now I'm busy stripping my latest "donor" of it's best assets.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.