Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this winter, I ordered the Yukon axles for my front waggy d44. Well the long side inner was on back order, so I just installed the short side. Well I've had the long side sitting in my garage for about 2 months now. Always telling myself that I will swap it next week. Well as everyone knows, next week turns into many. Well this past weekend, I went wheeling in PA. As I was packing my jeep up, I grab my old beat up spare long side just incase. My new yukon axle was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT. I have never broken a long side, it has always been the short side. So guess what happened? YUP I broke the long side. Blew the ujoint apart which we all know takes the whole axle out. The whole hour it took me to change the axle (was changing it in the rocks) I was cursing myself for NOT bringing the Yukon axle to throw in there. To make matters even worse, as I was trying to get down the hill, I noticed that the cap was coming off the replacement shaft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif So now I have to pull the axle again.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spank.gif

there.. does tht make you feel better? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
your a big dummy.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thud.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Don't feel (too) bad Keith... sounds like something I'd do too. (But then, I wouldn't wish my level of absent-mindedness on anyone!)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well on the plus side, I noticed as I was changing it that I needed to repack my bearings so I would have to dis-assemble the hub anyway. Not much more work to just pull the spindle off...

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Keith doing things the Andy way is not the right way...

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Damn Keith...I think Andy just put the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned1.gif on you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
you big dummy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spank.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts