Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done replating my rusted frame and realized that the passenger side on the end is tweaked in. Looks like about an inch, but i'm not for sure. Anyhow, does anybody have any measurements for the rear of the frame? The drivers side is fine, I just need measurements from spring hanger bolt to spring bolt, both ends preferably. I've been searching the 'net trying to find some blueprints and I came up with some but doesn't have the measurements I need. Its for a 78 cj-7 narrow track. thanks ken

· Registered
4,520 Posts
do you have a chiltons manual? i think those have what you are looking for in the back of them... or was it the haynes.. run to autozone or wherever. and ask them if you can look at one.. most joints will let you..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
I have my tub of right now so I should be able to give you accurate measurements. E-mail me [email protected] with exactly what measurements you need. Not sure if you want right spring hanger to right shackle mount or right spring hanger to left shackle mount. Anyway I'm kinda slow but give me specific instructions and I'll execute. I can let you know by the end of the day if you get back to me before 10:00 a.m. Central.

· Registered
4,757 Posts
it's on one of the last pages of one of my chilton manuals it is a gray book and it sez
JEEP cj/scrambler/wrangler 71-90 repair manual
frame dimensions are on page 10-19
if i understand what you want, it's 40.61" in the front and 46.16" in the rear

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked my chiltons again (mine is 71-86) but I figured out what dimensions your talking about. I need to go from driver inside frame to passenger inside frame. That 46.16 is the length of the spring. I'm pretty sure it should be right around 36 inches from the center of the drivers spring to the center of the passengers spring. Thanks ken

· Registered
856 Posts
I have a 1980 factory T.S.M. they do not give the dimension you are looking for ,they do however give the dimension from the center of driver /passenger frame rail for the front portion of the frame......Just behind the front body mount the frame starts getting wider.center to center should be 27.50

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it

G

·
Sorry I got tied up yesterday and forgot about you. Do you still need the measurements? From what I can tell you do. The auto craft shop where my frame is at is closed tuesday wednesday. So I won't be able to get the measurements till thursday afternoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.