Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 cj-5 and was wondering what brand suspension lift I should go with. I want something on the 2 1/2" range. This is going to be my daily driver so I want something that rides as good or better than stock. (i know its a cj-5). Here are some of the kits I have been looking at, let me know if any of you guys personally use this kit or know of someone who does.
1. Black Diamond
2. Superlift
3. Skyjacker
4. Trailmaster
5. Rancho
6. Pro-Comp
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Steve
97 Tj Thats For Sale
Project Cj-5

· Registered
4,757 Posts
i have seen rancho... and pro comp... and skyjacker.. my favorite is the skyjacker softride.. i have had mine for about 5 years now it it just keeps getting softer and working better.. it was a 4" lift, but it isn't over 3" now

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like my Black Diamond as well. I'd probably look at Old Man Emu also. They make a 2 1/2 inch that I've heard is very functional on and off road. No experience with them just thought they should be in your list.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skyjacker Softride - hands down. I have the two-inch and could not be happier. I've been trying to find something wrong with it for 60,000 miles and 30 something hard core trips and still perfect! The ride is also awesome!

Chuck Hadley

· Registered
2,196 Posts
We put a Skyjacker 2" on my bosses YJ and it's great. Rides better than stock, and really flexes well. He also put the Skyjacker "Nitro" shocks on. We thought they would be a little harsh, but they ride very nice. It is a daily driver (mostly by his wife) and there are no complaints. This is the lift that I'll be putting on my CJ-7.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.