Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk me out of putting a rancho 4" lift on my less swab account, its getting to the point were I cant hardly wait, so I think thats what Ill do in the next week or so, right after I pay off my tires. 1200 bucks over a few monts doesnt seem that bad, plus haveing a taller truck the whole time.

later
The Kid

If its got wheels or a skirt you cant afford it.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reverse phiscology wont work on me, or will it

G

·
How many guys have lifted trucks in the town you live in? I'm saying this because if there is a lot, the ladies won't care as much. Unless you find those shallow girls who just want to ride around in your truck you'll just be a dude with a lifted truck.

PS. You are weird! Why the hel* would you want us to talk you out of that!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Scott

G

·
Rancho sucks canal water IMO. I just put in a BDS lift and love it... other brands that I looked at were Skyjacker and superlift... both were pretty close.

The women lined up before the lift.... and they lined up after the lift... But I will say a 6" lift is great w/ no stepbars... You gotta help them up into the truck /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there arent hardly any lifted trucks here, there are a few with SFAs with 33s and a couple IFS trucks with 6"s and 35s, thats about it for the lifted trucks. I want to be talked out of it because Ill be in debt 1500 I dont have cash to do it.
Your idea on the ladies isnt bad, but I doubt it will happen

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe,
are you on here 24hrs?
I guess that last comment was one reason why I dont need the lift yet. lol

G

·
only problem evan - is that you will have 7" of lift with only 33s. they will look kinda small. i would wait till these tires wear out, then do it all at once - with new tires

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why will I have 7"s of lift, I dont have any lift now
Oh you thought I had a 3' body lift?

G

·
yea man, i thought you had a lift - how the hell do you fit those tires then??

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats what I keep trying to tell everyone
1" cranked T-BARS and minor trimming on the bumper, ounce I lift Ill drop the front so It sits a 1" lower than the back right now its level with the back

G

·
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.You only live once.Whats a little debt anyway if it makes you happy?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WHITETAIL,
thats what Im thinking who knows maybe tomorrow Ill have them order it then Ill only be in debt like 2 grand between the tires and lift, So I guess Ill have to see how long I can last before I get it.

Evan

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RJ your probably right the monts almost half over though so I may go into next month.
I want a 1/2 impact before I get the lift, itll make things much easier on me dureing the install

G

·
I hear you on that man. I did the front of my truck with pneumatics, but I didnt have access for the rear ( my compressor blew up long ago ) and tightening those f---ing u- bolts with a deepwell and ratchet was hell.

If you want to come get them, you can borrow my air tools.

Enter Ground Zero - http://rj.coloradok5.com

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well you guys didnt do very good on talking me out off the lift I think Im going to have them order the lift tomorrow, then Ill borrow RJs air tools And Ill have it made.

One question though, do I have to torch off the existing bumpstop brackets on the frame, or will the kit just come with a extinsion, I was looking at it today and it looks like It will be in the way of the top control arm drop down brackets, hopefully they build there brackets to so the go around the bumstop.

Thanks
The Kid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.