Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, I\'m in deep crud, I need a part

Ok today as a typical idiot I pulled too far into my garage an nocked my hard top that was resting against the wall backwards and cracked the rear tail gate window. So I call jeep and it's Over $600 for the window alone and then add another $130 for the seals. Any ideas here? I called J&W (the huge jeep junk yard in cali) no gots, none of the local junk yards had anything. I'm thinking I may just get a used hard top and do something w/ mine. Please help, I was saving my money so that I could go wheeling (parents want a grand in the bank to cover breakage and I don't have it right now anyways). I guess i won't be wheeling for a while and will probably have my bikini top/ duster/ windjammer on till january (snow in the jeep) oh well.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long

·
Registered
532 Posts
Re: I need help, I\'m in deep crud, I need a part

if the back glass is flat, any glass shop can cut and install a piece for 75 to 100 bucks. if your old seal didnt leak, they can reuse it.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

yjdave beat me to it. 600 bucks for a piece of glass. They have to be out of there minds. Wait they are the dealer. What you need to do is forget the dealer and call the local glass installer. I bet, installed it wont be more the 200 bucks. What you have to learn is there are times you call the dealer and times you dont even think about it. This is one of those times you dont call the dealer. LOL

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The glass has the defroster, is tinted and has the rear wiper cut out.
BarrelRoll

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The glass has the defroster, is tinted and has the rear wiper cut out. so that may make it even more expensive
BarrelRoll

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts

Was an auto glass shop more than the dealer?

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

Sorry,
Just when you clean out the garage, you toss something you need. I tossed my old rear window in the dump last week. I know it doesn't help, but I feel for you.

Good Luck..

Scott
'85 CJ7_(0|||0)_T.H.O.R.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif"Tantrums Happen Often during Repairs"
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif"Totally Happy Off Road"

G

·

The last place ya want to go for a part is the dealer thier always more expensive than almost any where else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.