Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need Advise on \"Soft\" Shocks

I'd rather not spend $70. per shock for Rancho 9000s does anyone know of a reasonalbly priced shock with similar valving (non-adjustable) to the RS 9000s set on "1"?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: I Need Advise on \"Soft\" Shocks

I haven't found any, the common thought is the rs5000's, procomps and most like that are equivalent to the 3 on a 9000. I know of some switching to the Bilsteins, but I think they are around 70 apiece also. Mayber get them on the buy three deal get one free.
If you do find something let us know.

·
Registered
792 Posts

their was an article published in a four wheel drive mag (either petersons or fourwheel drive and sport utility ) recently that compared many of the shocks on the market. If you can find it I am sure it will help you out.

Tony

·
Registered
965 Posts

are you looking for a fix for your stiff ride after axle swap. did you give it a try without shocks?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hmm driving with out shocks... That a good idea.

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts

He means driving it without shocks for eliminating the shocks as what's stiffening the suspension, not removing them permanantly. At moderate speeds, it's not a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.