Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 extended cab P/U. I love it. I just put 15x8 American Racing wheels and 31x10.5 BF Goodriches on her. Even before I put these items on it, the speedometer needle started to shake back and forth when going above around 40mph at a constant rate. During acceleration, I don't notice it, just when I let off to stay at a constant rate. I can't use my cruise control, because the truck slows and speeds up as the needle does. Anyone know what the hell is going on and how much it will cost me to get it fixed?? I can't take it anymore- HELP!!!!!!
Thanks,
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife recently had the same type of problem with her nissan altima. The symptoms were almost identical and our dealer diagnosed it as a faulty speed sensor. We sold the car before we fixed it. But if I remember correctly, the part was expensive but it was easy to install. Good luck.

sb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd agree with the sensor, I just can't see your truck having to be recalibrated just for 31's but it might be???

Chris James
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to change the speedometer head in the dash. It is what's causing your problem. If you buy a new one, you'll have a new truck again, 000000 miles on the odometer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts