Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a frame for a '78 CJ-7. What is the best new frame can buy and why?
Are there any sources for used frames or new frames in the Pittsburgh PA area?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The two best companies for frames would be Matkins or Advanced Frameworks. Bpth of their frames are built stronger than stock. Both of them have many options you can get. Matkins offers a coil spring suspension on theirs and Advanced has many options like galvanizing. Check out their web sites for more info.
Matkins is www.printandgo.com/matkins
Advanced Frameworks is www.MontanaJeepFrames.com

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know if you could use it, but I have a cj5 frame in Pittsburgh. Let me know if you would be interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have not seen either ,but I have been in contact with both Matkins and AFW,and have decided to go with the AFW,they were willing to do special modifications that I requested at reasonable rates.I will be ordering it before weeks end .I live in the North hills of Pittsburgh and if you are willing to wait a few weeks it might be possible for you to view it ,if interested send,a private post

JF1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
North Hills?? I graduated from NH highschool. Just curious what part of the north hills you are from. Around Pittsburgh people call wexford north hills. I just don't run into too many Pittsburgh Jeepers online. Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest looking for a YJ frame at a wrecker. The Jeep wrecker near here sells them for about 3 or 4 hundred Canadian I think. Stronger than a CJ7 frame and a hell of a lot cheaper than a custom unit. If you want to spend in the "new" range......think about finding a TJ frame with suspension.

Just a couple suggestions! Good Luck!

jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check with Willys-Overland out of Toledo OH. I got a stock frame for my CJ-5 from them last winter for around $800.00. I don't have their phone # right now but they are on the net.
Good Luck, Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 87 wrangler frame for sale $500. Steve In central Ind.

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.