Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm finally back at work after a week and a half of wheeling at Tellico. It had to be one of the best times of my life. There is something to be said about wheeling all day, and drinking all night with no wife nagging you. The jeep did OK, broke the starter, power steering pressure line, winch, and on the last day, blew the rear output right off the transfercase. All in All it was a great time. I'll have to sort through the 400 pics I took to show you guys the best ones

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
can't wait to see pictures keith.glad you made it home ok.how did the new tow rig do?

'78 cj-5 black JEEP squadron

G

·
wheelin, drinkin, no women naggin.......
damn dude!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
would this be heaven?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
so you didn't come away un-scathed, good man!

steve

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Thank god your back. I dont know how much longer I can handle just talking to dirtdog. Glad you had a good time and how did you break the t-case. Would have loved to see that.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new tow rig did great. It outpulled my buddy with his 3/4 ton chevy 350. As far as my transfercase goes, I was going up slick rock, and having trouble getting over a rock, well one thing led to another, and my truck hopped. When it landed, it slammed out of gear and back in again. The rear of the case looks like a grenade was on the inside. The only thing holding my driveshaft up was the speedo cable

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Welcome to Tellico bud.
I'm glad to see you made it home.
You did much better than most on the first trip, now's the time to make a list of all the little things that you want to change for the next time. It's hard to believe all the things that can go to hell when you're out there for days on end, and it's easy to forget between trips. Good work Keith, best of all you have the right attitude, when we passed on the trail and you casually mentioned that you're t-case was toast, I knew you were on the right track...
We scoff at major carnage. : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts