Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Well, after reading the fifty-something posts that weren't mine over there on the gun thread, I feel like I have soaked up enough pistol knowledge to build my own if needed. No doubt about it....guns is neat. You can never have too many guns. I have NEVER sold or traded a gun that I didn't regret it later/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. It's getting late....time to tuck in Jeepchick.......and her .38 Spl. Even after reading all that I still like my Model 640 hammerless/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif. I sleep SO much better with it close by. But don't tell the Klintunoids/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifthey HATE independent and self-reliant folks like us/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT CJD.I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY REPLIES TO A POST AT ONE TIME. A QUICK ? FOR YOU THOUGH. WHEN YOU PUT LOCK OUTS ON YOUR QT,DID IT TAKE ANYTHING SPECIAL OR JUST PLAIN OLE WARN HUBS FOR A JEEP? I DON'T REALLY WANT TO PUT THE PART TIME CONVERSION IN THE T-CASE.

IF I BUY ANYMORE TOYS,I'M A DEAD MAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Yeah......ferget that dumb part-time stuff....just find some lockout hubs that will fit and install them just like any regular Jeep. then........get this....run only ONE hub unlocked. Run the left one in odd numbered months, and the right one in even numbered months to balance out any wear. THAT is even better than both unlocked. Somebody on this board mentioned that, and it's a GREAT idea. That way, there is no chance of trashing the spider gears in the front differential. ALSO....BE SURE to run in "Emergency" drive./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifAND.....MATCH THOSE TIRES!!!!!!

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·
OK I GET IT ,MATCH'EM MATCH'EM MATCH'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR

IF I BUY ANYMORE TOYS,I'M A DEAD MAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
That's a joke about running one hub locked, right?!! I was having a heck of a time one day when it rained. The Jeep kept pulling to the right (no political jokes OK), the rear almost tried to pass the front. When I got home, I found that someone must have been playing with the hubs and locked the right one only.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Nope.....it's not a joke. In the quadra-trac models, the front shaft will always be tumbling, even if the hubs are unlocked. By running one hub locked, you insure that the drivelione isn't rotating one axle all the time and wiping out the spider gears/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif It's a Quadra-Trac thing/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifIf you try that with conventional drive, you will go all kaddywampus./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.