Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new tires today! 35x15.5x15 tsl/sx's. National Tire got them to me in 3 days.

I am excited to try them out, Unfortunately I am here at work still and have to wait a few more hours before I get to go home to put them on :(

Have a nice day!

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got my new tires! :) (SPOKE TO SOON!!!)

Hey eveyrone,

Just got home to put my new tires on my CJ. To find out they sent me the wrong size tires. I am ticked!

I called National Tire/Wheel and they said the mistake is on their end and I should have new tires on Monday. Monday? I ordered them last Friday! I asked if there was going to be any compensation? NOPE! NOTHING!

To me, there should be some type of compensation. I work for the 2nd largest computer mailorder company in the U.S. = We compensate customers when needed.

They won't take anything off the price or ship them any faster.. Am I wrong here? Should I expect to get compensated any? I am not asking for much. $25 would make me HAPPY! SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

HAS anyone else had a problem with them? Did you get compensated?

Thanks for listening..... :(

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I got my new tires! :) (SPOKE TO SOON!!!)

you're dreamin'
you know nobody compensates for their mistake. even though you might have traveled many miles to pick up tires which cost you time and money, they don't care! don't know how many times this happens to us all but it does. in my profession, land surveying, if i make a mistake ie stake the bridge abutment in the wrong place or the property line in the wrong place and a house is built too close to the property line or worse off the property, i pay. this may be a bad example compared to a set of tires but seems relative?
take it in the shorts and wait till monday or cancel the order and purchase elsewhere. again the cancelation will probably hurt you more than them!

good luck
steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Steve,
You know you surveryors are pretty good at backcharging to replace them darn hubs. I mean really some poor dozer operator accidentally wipes out a few stations, and you guys want actual money to put them back. Won't even take BEER instead of cash. When everybody knows that beer is legal tender in the construction industry. d;-)

My other car is a BULLDOZER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

dozer
dont want to get in a pissin' match. was agreeing with tire man that people should be accountable for their errors and offer some restitution. i respect equiptment operators and stay out of their way. many surveyors hate construction staking for numerous reasons. yes hubs do get destroyed by accident and each senario would have to be played out to discuss the repercussions as to billing. this sounds to much like life back at the office! lets talk jeeps!

steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just got off the phone with the Manager there. I explained that I was just looking for some type of discount. After telling him what happened and now that I am without my tires, he gave me 1/2 off the shipping..

In this case, I am happier now. Thanks for listening.. :)

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I stopped hating construction staking when I started charging $100.00 per reset. Land Surveying and Jeeps it doesn't get any better

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I was gonna say Jersey, you should at least get your shipping free.. Ask for a free balance and rotation at the nearest shop or a free year roadside assistance or something...

I always tell retailers that I'm upset with that I'm going to put my experience on my retailer flame web site (which of course does not exist).. that seems to put them in a more generous mood.. :)

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Just want to post my personal Jeep mistake. When i was doing my SYE, and CV drive shaft I went w/ Rubicon Express, they said they'd ship it the next day.. should be to me in 3-5 days... sounds good so far right... 2 days later (before i even know there's a prob) they call me, and tell me there Drive Shaft people are running behind a day or 2, and they are gonna Overnight it to me. I was pretty happy with their Customer service, because not only did they call me to keep me informed (as opposed to me calling to complain afterwards) but they were willing to foot the difference in price to keep me from being Jeep-less any more than necessary. OK that's it
Later
BJ

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.