Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying everything to set up my D44 axles this month and just made a lot of phone calls from the vendor list on ORC. I called places like Reider Racing, Six States Distributors, 4Wheel-Drive Hardware, and then I called 4xHeaven.

A R&P with complete installation kit (he told everything that was in it) for $189! Wow, nobody else could do this for under $200.
Installation kits alone were $90 which seems to be the average price I got.
Open carrier for $45! Reider Racing came the closest at $50.
Carrier bearings for $40, 6-States and 4WDH had the kits for ~$30, but I forgot to ask it he would match them.
Here's the real kicker- $229 for Detroit EZ-Lockers! Reider Racing came the closest at $235, while 6-states wanted $309 (but has Lock-Rights for $235, go figure) and 4WDH only carries Lock-Rights at $269/each. I didn't really care if it was a LR or an EZ since they are identical, so that didn't effect my choice.

If you are doing some rear-end work, their # is in the ORC vendor listings, give 'em a call- its even an 800 # which a few of the other places didn't have.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have never seen the actual warrenty on the EZ-Lockers, but I have been told thay they will not warrenty replace if the tire size is larger than 32". While Powertrax (lockrite) will. Just something you may want to consider just in case you break one.

'79 CJ-7

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked about that and he told me it was true. I'm currently run brand-new 31" Dueler MTs that should last me a couple years so I'm not too worried about it... And like a few other people have said: "I wont tell if you dont"

·
Registered
969 Posts
I really doubt the price given for gears & installation kit for $189. I just plain don't think that will include all bearings, seals, and the R&P.

Give Essentially Off Road a call & see what they can do. Tell them the prices you got, and see if they can beat them. Worth a try /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Essentially Off Road http://www.essentiallyoffroad.com
615-893-8814

<a href="http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota">

·
Registered
886 Posts
ez locker v. lock rights. The main difference in my opinion is that if you break an ez locker they will apply replacement cost toward a detroit locker. That is why I went with the ez locker in the rear....I eventually figure I will go with a full Detroit.

-raymo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.