Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave, I can't think of a Universal type Jeep (Jeepie Jeep?) with a wheelbase longer than a CJ-8 Scrambler that was built for the American market. The Aussie CJ-10 may have a longer one and maybe those Filipino "Jeepneys", too./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
What engine for the CJ CG? Hard top or soft? I have my buddy's jeep with a 304 and a hard top. Let me know maybe I can help you out.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif We are doing the Ultra-light, Ultra low cost trailer design, and we can go no farther till I have info about three things: (1) Where is the center of gravity of a CJ7 with a full tank of fuel, a spare, and maybe some tools and supplies sitting in the back? I need to have someone put their Jeep in that condition and then using two jacks, find the point on the frame between the axles at which the Jeep will balance, measured from the center of the front axle. I know that this is a lot to ask, but our CJ's apart and well.....it would be a guess at best.>>>>>(2) Is there a Jeepie Jeep(not a pickup or waggie) with a wheelbase longer than 104" (that is the W.B of a CJ8).>>>>>(3) What is the widest Jeep; outside of tire to outside of tire that you will find, (excepting the really extreme rockie rollers perhaps) in normal off-road use? We think that we have a very good trailer design going here, and I hope to have this on a url when it is finished. Just don't expect it to look like trailers that you see every day. This is a JEEP trailer, for hauling those rusty little gas guzzlers that ALGORE wants to take away from you, not your neighbors Geo Metro./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif The engine/tranny won't matter. A hard top would be perfect because it shifts the CG to the rear just a tad. The CG of our hardtop all by itself just hanging here in the garage seems to be about midway on the side windows. If you fill the fuel tank and had at least one person sitting in the rear seat, that should be about right, maybe even two people if they aren't very big. That would be a big help to us Don./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Thanks, Jim. I was pretty sure that a CJ8 was the longest at 104 inches, but had to be sure./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.