Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure what i am going to do with it. But i got a really good deal on it. I may just cut it up for the floor, wheelhouses, and such for my CJ. I showed it to my buddy who is also my body man and he thinks it can be straighten. So i have to lay it on a bare frame and see if the floor is strait. If it isnt i will cut it up. If you see anything on there you may want let me know. I am going to sell the stuff cheap. Just want to move it. Oh yeh the roll bar is already gone. My brother in law claimed that for his new yj tub he bought today for 400 bucks.

if you look at the pics you can see the ripples in the side panels from the roll.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Can't tell from the pics, but that roll-bar looks pretty straight. If you're still running the stock CJ cage, this is a very nice swap. If your torx bolts aren't too rusty it can even be a fast swap. 12 bolts and drill 2 holes, you're done. A much better place to jump into a full cage from. That's what I did, a late YJ bar, add a Smitty hoop, and some spreaders.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That thing does have a heater in it. I will post a pic of it tonight.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Sweet!!

I'd hang some doors and a hard top on it and see how they align. Maybe use it. It looks pretty good from the photo.

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster

G

·
How is the windshield frame? I assume that is bent being that it rolled and there is no glass in it.
I would be interested if it's straight and not rusted.

Jim

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hung my soft doors on it this morning and the firewall is pushed back about 1/2 in. Which is really no big deal. My body man (and a really good friend) went over it really good tonight. He thinks he can straighten the hole thing. So once i can get it on a frame i will know for sure what i am going to do with it. I basically have three choices. One fix it and save it for my cj one day. Two cut it up to repair the cj tub one day. Three keep it for a future project. No matter what it is just going in my shed and sit for a couple of years.

The windsield frame is now is two pieces. It was toast. I cut it just to get it out of the way.

Sorry about the heater system but i am going to keep it. I didnt relize it was basically a cj heater so i want to keep the parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts