Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find some info on this glass hummer body for a Jeep? I remember seeing it a while ago, but cant find it again. This looks like a cool swap for a CJ-7 or YJ ?? I think I remember it was about $2500 and could fit 35's without suspension mods! I wonder if it uses the top, windshield and/or doors from a Jeep?
Thanks.......Herbie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u can get more info through national tire n wheel, they sell them for i think 2 grand with the nose, but i did not see it in the new petersons for the body, i did meet somone in my area that had one and he had a 3 inch body and a shackle lift 1 and a half ( i am almost postive that was his exact lift) and he had 35 super swampers ssr that jeep looked sweet, one good thing about the body was the are wide by the wheel wheels i think 10 wider than regulaur body in they have alot of wheel wheel space for flex, at the time that he bought the tub they were none in my area so he was kinda pushing him to buy the tub so he could have advertisment in my area (he bought the tub from the manufacturer) and he got in for like 2400 shipped i think the price has gone down, also when i
went to a truck show the company was there and they had the body on a stock jeep and it looked just ok and when i saw the tub and nose on 35s it looked sweet! the nose looks really cool, there is a bunch of accesories that u can get for it, the top is the same as a jeep top and along with the windsheild frame and dash,and doors, 35s on it ahh stock?? i dont think u would get any flex out of the 35s and, but they do have some nice wheel opening to stick some tires in!
Andy

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'm planning on having the rear wheel-wells cut out of my YJ and larger ones put in that will be just as deep, but more box-like and go as high as the soft-top rail. Cut off the extra sheet metal, all the way up including the rear (will have to relocate the fuel filler- any suggestions?) and do some work to the stock fender flares and put them back on. In the front I'll cut the hood much shorter and have Flatty style fenders made that will have as much clearance as the rear. Keep the Jeep look, get flat fenders, and more clearance...sounds promising! I've seen the Hum-J bodies in the back of many popular magzines for around $2k s&h...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.