Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need you help again. Ok now all I need is to find a place to give the computer power. I got the problem of the electrical system shutting down fixed, now I need to find a power source that is on when the key is in the on and run position. I can't for the life of me figure out where to hook it up. I can't post to the Howell group yet. I have an 89 so there are minor differences in that I can't hook up the power to the oil pressure power because the guauges are a cluster rather than seperate. And none of the wires are hot in the run position.

Thanks,
Dave
http://members.home.com/dioxide

98 Cherokee Sport
89 YJ Laredo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about a tap off of the coil power to a continuous duty solinoid (fog light solinoid)?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I wired up mine through a 12 guage wire to 20 amp fuse to the solinoid, then the output I put into a small fuse block /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif. Your best bet for power is to check the coil power feed or the old ignition module.

The setup I had had two power feeds, 12 guage power feed and the old power wire from the ignition module/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.
Randy 80 CJ5

~|_____
__|____|__
/-/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif||||/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif-\
(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)-o--(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)

Randy 80 CJ5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 89 laredo as well, if you need 12v switched with the ignition you could take it off of the yellow wire going to the ignition module under the coolant overflow container. You can access the wire up near the firewall, it is in the wireloom that feeds the ignition module.

CB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts