Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one go about posting a picture on the board? I was asked to put a picture of my trailer on the board to show the hitch set-up, but.....I can't figure it out. The format for the picture I have is JPEG and I get a message that the file is tooooo big?? Any help out there?
Thanks, Goose

82CJ5 Laredo I6 258 T18 D300 (w 4 t0 1) D44 rear D30 front 4.27 gears (ARB both ends)and other home modifications

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it says that your picture is too big, chances are...it's too big! /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif All pictures have to be less than 100000 bytes in order to upload them to this board. Right click on your picture file and go to Properties to see how big it is. If it is over 100000 bytes (which it obviously is), you'll need to use a picture editing program to reduce the quality of the picture, therefore decreasing its file size. By the way, a picture as a GIF file will usually be smaller than the same picture as a JPG file. So you might want to try saving all future pictures as GIF.

Another option you have is to upload your oversized JPG picture to another site and then link it to this board using the image tags.

While I'm not exactly an expert in either field, I'm much more experienced with computers than I am Jeeps, so if you are still confused after reading my post email me and I'll help you get your pic up here.

Blake
93 YJ/4.0L/33x12.50s/D30 front/D35 rear/NP231/AX-15/3" Rough Country suspension/1.25" shackles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, 100000 bytes is just 100Kb. Thats pretty big for one pic. Most pics are under 60Kb. If by chance your pic is too big, the fix is easy. Just open the paint program and open your pic, then using the tool bar at the top, reduce the size of the pic and resave it.
It will now be a BITMAP image but that doesn't matter.

'79 CJ-5 258

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. It has been a long road to figure this out, but with the help of the people on this site.... It has been done!
Thanks for the help.
Goose

82CJ5 Laredo I6 258 T18 D300 (w 4 t0 1) D44 rear D30 front 4.27 gears (ARB both ends)and other home modifications

1 - 5 of 5 Posts