Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well im new to this and i keep seeing sites talk about having 18" of wheel travel or more on a baja. How is this done? Where can i get long travel kits/ how do you fab up some of this stuff. what are good suspension sites?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To get that kind of travel, you have to make a number of mod's or combination of mod's.

longer and wider arms front and rear
notch springplates-rear
grind the springplate rest down to allow more droop-rear
don't run torsion bars-go to coilovers in the rear

Those are probably Class 5 unlimited cars, that are getting 15+ inches of travel.
Some of the 5/1600 class cars get up to 12-13" in the rear, running torsions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the info. I'm buying my baja soon (the next month or so). I want to find out as much as possible before I buy it. I don't know what year it is so that limits my searching for suspension related stuff. It's going to be all off-road and if it doesnt already have coil overs it will soon. I do know it has an 1835cc dual port/dual carb engine. I hear they have problems over heating but it doesnt get too hot here so I should be ok. I'll be doing as many cooling upgrades as possible. Any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from all that i have seen.... the largest iv seen pulled with a link pin setup.... 13 inches is teh max... un less it is a a-arm front suspension.... im probubly wrong but i thought id just put in my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.