Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not 56k, about 5 min. Idiots had to loose fluid on film..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I bet there is not one of us here that has not wanted to do that. Looks like they had fun. Man that thing took some abuse!

Not to try to hijack the post, but is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
NIX posted a link to this same video over on the Mid Sized Board; the reason that the XJ's owner gave for not repairing it were it was "rusted out completely" underneath. It had failed a vehicle inspection (I believe in Great Britian; it was a RHD Cherokee).

What really amazed me was how many times they jumped the XJ and the supposedly weak stock, un trussed, D-30 and D-35 axles held up to that much punishment. Seems to me the Cherokee may have been worth fixing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Other than the last few minutes, it looks like fun. The last few were just wasteful.
Did anyone notice the license plate... mav? Made me think of Joel. LOL

·
Registered
655 Posts
And just think Larry i just got an XJ. LOL

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
actually. I looked pretty close and I am sure that XJ has the metric ton option common on exported XJ's.... that means it has a d-44 rear.

·
Registered
795 Posts
well, at least they had fun with it before it went to the big junk yard in the sky.

i always feel bad for jeeps/broncos/blazers in the junk yards that are just there because they are old. when i'm pulling parts off of them i don't really see any major problems, other than someone no longer loved them.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
What amazes me is that this Jeep didn't pass the test because of safety (rotten floor and rails) and was able to withstand this kind of abuse. Secondly: how difficult is it to weld in some sheetmetal and bars to make this a nice (off) road worthy vehicle again?

·
Registered
237 Posts
1st video = poor baby (the XJ)
2nd video = he didn't listen to LEVE about a roll cage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jumping it was one thing... but landing on a few rusty carcasses?

Good editing too, when the song got heavy the XJ flying was very Ferris Beuller-ish.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
A Chevy wouldn't even have made it into that place.

Bet they just left it there - after they killed it.

It just shows what happens to your Jeep when they steal it like they did that one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts