Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 360 I'm interested in buying but am not sure how prohibitive the shipping costs would be. I know you can ship longblocks rebuild from companies across the country, but how about for the common man who doesn't ship 100 a month and can get a deal on it? To crate and ship, how much am I looking at here? Minnestota to Pennsylvania. If you know, please help me out or if you know of a good company, that would help too. Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try looking at some of the freight companies websites. (www.roadway.com for example). Most will quote a rate based on origin and destination zipcode, weight and freight class. For freight class use class 50 and call the engine "auto parts for salvage". the lower the freight class the lower the shipping cost (and the less you can claim if it is damaged or lost in transit).

Most freight companies offer significant discounts to any company that ships on a regular basis (up to 50%). It would be worth your while to find a company to let you use their rates and account and you pay the bill. Try where you work or the local 4X4 parts shop.

The person you are buying from would have to crate and package the engine up. A used pallet and some spare lumber would make a good crate. A good idea would be to have the entire package wrapped with plastic wrap.

Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could also try Delta Air Cargo. I have found for heavy items that are relatively compact. Flying it airport to airport is about half the cost of actually shipping it by ground. - Imagine that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.