Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many Toyota owners, I constantly contemplate swapping my 4 banger for a Chevy V6 or V8. It seems the best choise for a 5 speed is the NV4500. How much do these usually run? How much used? New? I really want to stay with a 5 speed for the overdrive and for better control on slippery descents than an auto.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The used cost can vary quite a bit, depending on your locale and if the guy with the NV4500 knows what it's worth. I did see that
4WD Hardware is selling new NV4500's with adapters for $2000.

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A new NV 4500 will set you back about $1700. I have a rebuilt NV4500 in my shed out of a 94 GMC(new syncros and bearing)It took me a couple of months to locate the parts I needed(3rd gear and 3-4 syncro assy) so I had to buy a new tranny. I had plans to use it in my jeep, but decided not to as I already have a T18a ( 6.32 first gear) and I don't go fast enough for overdrive. The shaft has been cut for use with most adapters,and it has the low 6.34 first gear.I am asking $800 for the tranny( you pay shipping).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.