Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on past experience, does anyone know how many miles to expect out of a 4.0L engine before it dies? Still looking around for a beater and found a dirt cheap '91 cherokee with 200k on a HO 4.0. I want something that I don't have to take apart and fix..

Jay

G

·
I don't have one myself but one friend has one in a 1991 renegade with 300,000 +/- and another has one in a cherokee with mid 200k. Neither use oil but they do tap some in the valvetrain. The one in the renegade is as strong as most v-8's i've driven.

81 CJ7 304/904/D300 scout 44's locked, full cage, 33"wildcats, warn HS9500i, bush bar from hell and diamondplate sides to cover gaping rust holes!! Coming soon OBA!!

G

·
in what ive seen its not so much mileage but how it was taken care of and how those miles were driven. I had my 4.2 blow with less than 100k because the perivious owner treated her like a redheaded step child. so it all depends. I would expect though that the engine is comming tho the end of her days
just my $.02

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies

G

·
over 200,000 here and very strong SCRAm

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.